Heavy Breathing (No, not that)

Shannen Durphey shannen at mcn.net
Mon Nov 3 16:59:12 GMT 1997

Coupla questions:

How much oil are we talking here?  Are you dumping quarts out the valve covers?
What kind of racing?  Straight ahead or left hand turns only?
What kind of vehicle?
What kind of compression?
solid lifters or hydraulic?

quick reply is that you're getting blowby past your rings
some circle track racers plug the LH valve cover vent hole, and duct the RH vent
to a homemade venturi in the exhaust.  I've seen a coulpe of drag racers duct
both valve covers to the exhaust.