GM ECU 1227730/47: basic questions

sfg sfgent at ac.net
Tue Nov 4 13:53:28 GMT 1997

I am using the 1227730 ECU and have a few basic questions:
1. since it is so common, where might I find the disassembled code?
   (I'm using the EPROM 16139544 '87 K5 Blazer: manual trans, TBI)
2. Is the memcal a fuse-link type ROM?
3. Which application parameters are contained in the memcal?
4. I have noticed ref to a "P" suffix on the p/n. Meaning?
5. Is its driver circuitry capable of operating with the combined
   load of 8 injectors wired in parallel?
6. Will it run a ZZ4 GM engine (24502609) (with the 10185071 camshaft)?
I know this is a lot of info, but since this ECU is so popular, answers
may benefit many people on this list. TIA   Steve