GM ECU 1227730/47: basic questions

sfg sfgent at ac.net
Wed Nov 5 02:17:07 GMT 1997

John Zarli wrote:

> sfg wrote:
> >
> > I am using the 1227730 ECU and have a few basic questions:
> > 1. since it is so common, where might I find the disassembled code?
> >    (I'm using the EPROM 16139544 '87 K5 Blazer: manual trans, TBI)
> > 2. Is the memcal a fuse-link type ROM?
> > 3. Which application parameters are contained in the memcal?
> > 4. I have noticed ref to a "P" suffix on the p/n. Meaning?
> > 5. Is its driver circuitry capable of operating with the combined
> >    load of 8 injectors wired in parallel?
> > 6. Will it run a ZZ4 GM engine (24502609) (with the 10185071 camshaft)?
> > I know this is a lot of info, but since this ECU is so popular, answers
> > may benefit many people on this list. TIA   Steve
> Steve, stay tuned....I should know #6, whether a TBI system can support
> a ZZ3 (10185071) camshaft within a few weeks. roller rockers are going
> in now. Almost done.  Note that the alum heads on a complete zz3/zz4
> engine are the old style bolt pattern....I've heard different opinions
> regarding enlarging the bolt holes on newer manifolds to fit those
> heads.
John, what are you using for injection? TBI or port? Enquiring minds
need to know. Also, my GM service parts list (shows all the components
in a matrix for the ZZZ, ZZ1,2,3,&4) lists an intake manifold
(10185063) as "dual bolt pattern" with EGR and applies to ZZ3 and
ZZ4 only. I'll stay tuned....    steve