nylon in petrol

Mark Pitts saxon at zymurgy.org
Wed Nov 5 10:01:38 GMT 1997

I'll ask my mother later about chemical resistance of various nylons, but
as for the hygroscopic part of its nature, the most noticable effects are
that if damp it moulds funny (steam in the plasticiser), and when 'dry'
becomes significantly more brittle.

Tip: ever had a bag of cable ties that snap as you do them up, or the
'sprog' breaks out of the ratchet end? Throw the whole lot in a pan f
water, and boil them, then let them cool... perfect!

Mark (making a return after a long period of absense)

Any body remeber me from a year or so ago? Well I moved from Amsterdam
back to the UK, Bought a book by Ron Campion (rubish) 'Build your own
sportscar for 250 pounds' All the dimensions for the chassis tubes are
wrong, and
if you made the steering column like he drew it, you would very nearly be
touching your toes to drive it, never the less 7000 pounds and six months
later, its run in (Ford 1600 formula ford engine) and 270 BHP (wheels) per
tonne, now for the EFI! (Its got second hand Delortos on at the mo.. you
can only
spend SO much! ;) )