TBI ?

John Zarli jzarli at bellsouth.net
Fri Nov 7 01:50:14 GMT 1997

Jack Alford wrote:

> Hey Guys,
>
> I've located a 4.3L TBI setup (computer, wiring harness & TB) from
> a 91 Astro van for $200 and was wondering what the differences are
> between the computer in this van compared to one in a car or a truck
> with the same sized engine ?  Should I be concerned ?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Jack
It is a very common system, substantially unchanged from 87-91. The same
system used on TBI V8's.  At most you might need to get the correct
chip(s) for your application. Under $50.  What is your intended
application?  There are a lot of other hookups....Vehicle Speed
Sensor(VSS), distributor, trans, etc.