Turbo Suzuki

Tony Cooper tony.cooper at virgin.net
Sun Nov 9 08:12:05 GMT 1997

Steve Leonard wrote:

> This is a really basic question but I need some
> sugestions:
>
> I'm putting a AeroCharger varible-vane turbo on my
> GS1100 Suzuki, I'm using an ancient Haltech F3 in MAP
> mode for the contoller.
>  What type of intake set up would you recommend, as
> in should I put a single throttle body on the turbo
> intake as a draw through type OR A after the turbo as
> a blow threw type.  OR would four individual
> butter-flys (like the carb set up) be the way.

Recommend using individual butterflys for the following reasons.

1. If you use the GPZ1100 EFI bodies, they will be in roughly the right
place, with space for injectors, and a throttle pot is already fitted.
They will probably bolt right in.

2. Individual throttle bodies allow individual pot tuning (air flow
wise). A bike engine has no flywheel to talk of, and so the engine must
run smoothly, or it will drive like a bag of spuds....

My 2p's worth

Tony

--
Sent By Tony Cooper.
email: tony.cooper at virgin.net
Allow at least 10 working minutes for reply. ;)