Software for simple fuel-only system

Alex Brown agb at lab.cea.com.au
Mon Nov 10 21:45:00 GMT 1997

Hi..

I a year ago (or so) I developed a '332 based fuel only ecu system for a
friend of mines datsun rally car. The system was very simple using only
throlle position as a load sensor, and a points signal for timing.

(It has a few other features such as a "pot" that changes mixture on the fly
which is VERY usefull for on the DYNO, rev limit etc)

However it worked very well, and his car is now one of the fastest datsun
rally cars in australia.

I think the software I wrote would be very easy to get going on your
efi332 board with the minimum of effort. My hardware was just a 332, a
small EEPROM and a few ADCs and buffers. Im not sure but I think it would
run on a efi332 CPU with no RAM installed as it only uses the 332
internal RAM. (Not sure about flash/BDM implications).

Im am happy to give my sourcecode (which uses a gcc setup very similar to
the one it seems you guys are using) to anyone who wants it.

On a second note. I want a efi332 CPU board to play with. I saw that all
your group buys are closed. Is there any way I can get a bare PCB (or
even say 5) for cheaper than going to my local PCB manufacturer and
paying $500 (AUS) for a prototype run of 15 ?

Alex Brown