Single Cylinder

Steve Leonard sleonard at rocketmail.com
Fri Nov 14 01:21:52 GMT 1997

We are doing a "supermilage" car here at the
university of Buffalo. SAE and Briggs & Straton
sponsor an event they call "Supermiliage". The rules
are: you must use a Briggs & Straton 3 HP block, and
iso-octane as the supplied fuel.
  We hacked the topped end of the briggs engine and
"morphed" the left outer cylinder/top end of a 1990
CB-1 400cc 4cyl. So now we have a 4-valve, dual-over
head-cam briggs.
   At our last competition we got 809mi gallon, with
a  30mm cv carb.
For our '98 car we our using a Morelli controller
with some custom fabricated injectors from Delphi
(they sponsor us) We're still working on air box and
injector locations.
   If your interested we'll keep ya updated.

                       Steve L.

---Squash <mpc at genevaonline.com> wrote:

> Has anybody here done anything with single-cylinder
engine efi?  I am
> dreaming up one right now.  Why you ask?  Why not!
An efi lawn mower of
> course!  Seriously, i would like any information
you might have on
> this.  By single cylinder, i am reffering to around
5hp, 4-cycle,