MOTORCYCLE THROTTLE BODIES

Tony Cooper tony.cooper at virgin.net
Fri Nov 14 09:46:00 GMT 1997

Rich Mauruschat wrote:

> I have never seen these things and am just interested to know what they look
> like, what models they are fitted to and whether they could be adapted for
> use on automotive applications (presently using adapted cut-down Weber
> sidedraught carbs!).
> Thanks for help
> Rich.

Other reply's on the group have answered most of your questions, however
a set of inlets from a GPZ1100 (KZ1100 in the states) could easily
replace a set of webers. For the increased torque requirements, make a
plenum chamber (correctly sized!) to give you your torque requirments at
the required RPM, and you will be away. If your application is a V8,
then use 2!. Using 2 sets of manifolds normally aspirated can give
approx 280hp of mixture without problems. Using forced induction - well
the sky is almost the limit but would guess about 600hp+ on small block
chevy!
TTFN
Tony

--
Sent By Tony Cooper.
email: tony.cooper at virgin.net
Allow at least 10 working minutes for reply. ;)