EFI Mapping

Tony Cooper tony.cooper at virgin.net
Fri Nov 14 19:04:45 GMT 1997

Robert Harris wrote:

> As for space savings, the subroutines that have to be written to perform
> complex math are not small either.

True - Very true.......What can I say, this is true....<G>

> Then of course, for the obsessive compulsive, somewhat anal retentive set (
> which I have been occasionally found to be frequenting ) - there is always the
> possibility of using a Pentium class processor to get what you want.  But that
> is another fire storm and my asbestos panty liners need changing anyway.

<Chuckle>
Ahh but TI have got some evil DSP's that can do this math, and make you
a cup of tea/coffee in the morning as well. And they are usually cheaper
than 'other' CPU's (40 mips for sub £6.00!!!!) thats six pounds. And
bearing in mind that most of the algorithms make extensive use of
multiply, this gives approx 40 million multiplies per sec - more than
enough for a slow old engine!!!!

Ohh well, back to the DSP development system.....

TTFN
Tony
--
Sent By Tony Cooper.
email: tony.cooper at virgin.net
Allow at least 10 working minutes for reply. ;)