Turbo Suzuki

James Weiler james at brc.ubc.ca
Fri Nov 14 19:40:39 GMT 1997

On Fri, 14 Nov 1997 jb24 at chrysler.com wrote:

> Actually, that Aerocharger is designed for minimal lag.  It is a
> Variable Nozzle Turbine turbocharger with ball bearings.  Only issue is
> you need a controller channel to control those variable vanes.  Tec-II
> has a spare channel for a waste-gate solenoid, but I am not sure of
> what logic is needed to get a solenoid to perform in an analog fashion,
> or even in a staged fashion.  Anybody else have input on how to do
> this?  I am thinking a little box independent of an EFI controller
> could handle this - varying position with MAP.
>
> John Bucknell is jb24 at chrysler.com

Are you sure about the extra control channel?  In the book 'Maximum
boost' by Corky Bell he uses two of the aerocharger turbos (and
intercoolers) on an Acura NSX and to handle fueling he added a rising
rate fuel pressure regulator from CarTech.
I don't recall the addition of any extra computers.  Hmm...have to take a
closer look at that chapter.

I don't mean to bitch...just fielding my $0.02 worth.

later
jw