2 Stroke Bike EFI

Mark.Field at hammer.fia.net Mark.Field at hammer.fia.net
Sat Nov 15 03:37:54 GMT 1997

** Reply to note from Brad Campbell <bcampbel at omen.com.au> Tue, 11 Nov 1997 13:07:05 +0800

> Has anyone had any experience with Motorcycle EFI Systems? I have a
> Yamaha RZ350 that I would like to put engine management onto,

I once owned an R5 and always wondered what it would be like to put a
fuel injection unit on it. Always wanted to get away from the Mikuni
carbs, not that they caused any problems, it just seemed like they
guzzeled the gas :)

Anyhows, you might look at the Kawasaki GPZ 900 Turbo. I have helped my
neighbor rework his and it seems pretty simple. A TPS and MAP sensor was
about it. You could run two injectors per hole to keep time with the
pistons. However, since this was a 900 cc bike, you would have to fiqure
a way to trick the computer to run a little lean unless you've done some
serious engine work.

As far as RPM's go, the Kawasaki was/is redlined at 11,000 and personel
experience says it's good for another 2,000 past this.

Have fun...

Mark Field
mfield at fia.net