[Fwd: I Want to Be a Star on the diy_efi Web Page]

Johnny johnny at johnny-enterprises.com
Sat Nov 15 03:40:54 GMT 1997

Date: Fri, 14 Nov 1997 16:51:16 -0800
From: JULIAN THOMAS <xbd08 at dial.pipex.com>
To: allnight at everett.net
Subject: I Want to Be a Star on the diy_efi Web Page

Dear Johnny,

I've heard much about diy_efi, but this is the first time I've looked at
the web page. My name is Julian Thomas and I have been modifying OEM
engine management systems professionally full time for 8 years. I have
run a company called Racelogic in england for 5 years, and previously I
worked for Peter Wales at Superchips England. I 'cracked' the eec4
whilst I was there, and I invented Eprom Encoders. I now have working
for me Chris Smith, who is arguably one of the best Engine Management
Hackers around, he also worked for Superchips for 9 years. I designed
the real time 'Romwatch' Eprom Emulator that many people now use to
crack chips and we have recently totally redesinged this system,it has
the following specifications:-

256k x 16 bits
Optoisolated RS232
Isolated PSU
Graphical software, (map 'pulling')
On board 12 bit A-D converters

The cost is =A3995 including software leads and an adapter for emulating =
2
x 8 bit roms (2 x 27256, 2 x 27512,2 x 28f010).

Additional adapters:-

28f010 plcc adapters	=A375
87257 adapter           =A375
28f200/f400 adapter     =A3175    (Bmw 328i, M3)
27c1024 adapter         $125    (Audi, VW)
EEC4 / EEC5 adapter     =A375
EEC4/EEC5 reader	=A3175

We have a vast knowledge base of OEM systems, we produce our own
Traction Control system that interfaces with any engine management
system, and push button gearchange systems for automatic BMW's, Jaguar
(including XK8), Mercedes (including SLK).

I am happy to answer questions on Engine Management re-programming, if
everybody helps each other out, so much more can be achieved.

Regards,

Julian Thomas