2 Stroke Bike EFI

Clare Snyder clsnyde at ibm.net
Sat Nov 15 16:50:46 GMT 1997

Mark.Field at hammer.fia.net wrote:

> ** Reply to note from Brad Campbell <bcampbel at omen.com.au> Tue, 11 Nov 1997 13:07:05 +0800
> >

> > Has anyone had any experience with Motorcycle EFI Systems? I have a
> > Yamaha RZ350 that I would like to put engine management onto,
>
> I once owned an R5 and always wondered what it would be like to put a
> fuel injection unit on it. Always wanted to get away from the Mikuni
> carbs, not that they caused any problems, it just seemed like they
> guzzeled the gas :)
>
> Anyhows, you might look at the Kawasaki GPZ 900 Turbo. I have helped my
> neighbor rework his and it seems pretty simple. A TPS and MAP sensor was
> about it. You could run two injectors per hole to keep time with the
> pistons. However, since this was a 900 cc bike, you would have to fiqure
> a way to trick the computer to run a little lean unless you've done some
> serious engine work.
>
> As far as RPM's go, the Kawasaki was/is redlined at 11,000 and personel
> experience says it's good for another 2,000 past this.
>
> Have fun...
>
> Mark Field
> mfield at fia.net
Take a look at the Polaris 3 cyl snowmobile EFI. It is a JEL system,
42?mm bores, tps, tach, and air temp sensors and good for 125+ hp out of
the box. Standard ford sized injectors, non saturating (low impedence
type).It is set up for 500cc and 650cc engines - and has a mixture
control on the ecu as well. I had one and just sold it to one of the
fine fellows on the net for his solo 1 car.
--
                             _/\_

Remove the R from E-Mail Address to reply. Stop the spammers!!!
It's hard to soar like an eagle when your stuck with a bunch of
Turkeys