fuel filter solution

James Weiler james at brc.ubc.ca
Sun Nov 16 22:47:07 GMT 1997

Howdy everybody

I just wanted to pass on a simple solution to my fuel filter woes.  It
would seem as though aftermarket EFI filters are da_n expensive.  I
noticed Aeroquip makes an adapter such that a stock GM 350 TPI fuel
filter(which has metric fittings) can be adapted to a AN-06 fitting.
These adapters were expensive however (I paid $40 Can. for two) but the
filter can be had from a GM dealer for $15.

BTW if anybody is interested the metric size of the filter is M16 X 1.5
and it seems as though GM likes this kind of fitting as Aeroquip makes an
M14 and an M18 size as well.

Hope this helps someone
cheers
jw