[Fwd: I Want to Be a Star on the diy_efi Web Page]

jb24 at chrysler.com jb24 at chrysler.com
Mon Nov 17 20:59:17 GMT 1997

looked at
the web page. My name is Julian Thomas and I have been modifying OEM
engine management systems professionally full time for 8 years. I have
run a company called Racelogic in england for 5 years, and previously I
worked for Peter Wales at Superchips England. I 'cracked' the eec4
whilst I was there, and I invented Eprom Encoders. I now have working
for me Chris Smith, who is arguably one of the best Engine Management
Hackers around, he also worked for Superchips for 9 years. I designed
the real time 'Romwatch' Eprom Emulator that many people now use to
crack chips and we have recently totally redesinged this system,it has
the following specifications:-

256k x 16 bits
Optoisolated RS232
Isolated PSU
Graphical software, (map 'pulling')
On board 12 bit A-D converters

The cost is ?995 including software leads and an adapter for emulating 2
x 8 bit roms (2 x 27256, 2 x 27512,2 x 28f010).

Additional adapters:-

28f010 plcc adapters ?75
87257 adapter           ?75
28f200/f400 adapter     ?175    (Bmw 328i, M3)
27c1024 adapter         $125    (Audi, VW)
EEC4 / EEC5 adapter     ?75
EEC4/EEC5 reader ?175
<<<<<<

Well, what do you guys think?  Is this system for real?  I would love
to have OEM-level hardware do what I want.

John Bucknell