LS! ECM Specs

Andris Skulte askulte at emerald.tufts.edu
Wed Nov 19 06:25:33 GMT 1997

dzorde wrote:

> Is this the one with quad OHC, if so how much is the alloy block and does it
> fit the old style 350 alloy heads, does it allow for pushrod setup, or is it
> a completely new design.

Nope. The quad overhead cam was the LT-5 (i.e. Corvette ZR-1). The LS1
is GM's new engine on the f-bodies and vettes, with aluminum block and
heads, pushrods, and a plastic intake manifold (or just intake?). It
also has individual coils for each cylinder. I doubt the old smallblock
heads fit, but they did go back to standard direction cooling, right?
I'd also like to see the ECM specs (might as well chime in with everyone
else...) :)

--
********************Skulte Performance Designs************************
Andris Skulte   askulte at tufts.edu   http://www.eecs.tufts.edu/~askulte

Leave late, drive faster, still get there first. ;)