Hi - new to list & questions

Joe Boucher BoucherJC at lmtas.lmco.com
Tue Nov 25 18:38:29 GMT 1997

One M.E. to another, let me talk about something I can pretend I know
about.

My understanding is there is a definite difference in the flow potential
between the 305 and 350 TBI.  At best the 350 TBI setup in stock form
doesn't perform well beyond 4500 RPM.  But, it produces great torque
down there! A 305 TBI on a 350 will choke even lower than that.

Now, I think if you bolted the stock 305 on the 350 it will run okay up
to maybe 4000 RPM.  This is all pure spectulation on my part.  The ECM
and the stock injectors could probably handle it via the learning
curve.  I don't think you have to change all those parts to get the
system to run okay.

I can't make up my mind whether $400 is a good price or not.  I haven't
been in the market for one, so I'm not up on it.

Welcome,

Joe (What's an electron?) Boucher
'70 RS/SS Camaro  '81 TBI Suburban