engine modeling software web site

Tom Cloud cloud at peaches.ph.utexas.edu
Tue Nov 25 17:23:22 GMT 1997

>> do that -- well, that's not true  ......  I know why EA doesn't, errr
>> I have an opinion -- they really don't support their "cheap" $99
>> product -- they put all their effort into their $400 pro version ...
>
>What kind of "support" do you mean?  Tech support / help-with-modeling?
>Or more/better selection of cams/heads already in the supplied database
>(with the Pro version) and better modeling (i.e. roller cams)

just seems to me that they are more geared for the upper end product.
seems like the lower product is a spin-off ... and that's okay,
it's just that they have a vested interest in not making the lower
product too powerful -- it would encroach on their higher market.
hence, the failure to support roller cams, for example -- please
understand that this lack of support for roller cams probably creates
only a very small error in modeling, but adding 10% to the lift does
not, IMHO, adequately predict the broader, flatter curve one should
expect from a roller -- once again, IMHO, and that's the opinion
of one who really doesn't know jack about it ....     ;-)

WRT the roller cam issue, the higher product allows precise input
of the cam slope -- something most of us don't want to do, but I
notice that desktop dyno has some menu selections that automatically
make adjustments for such things  .....  don't remember all of them,
but there are some nice things about DD that aren't available in EA
(still prefer EA overall)

on the subject of a web site  ....  how about a list of names of
losers (errr  ....  users) of each product so people can bounce
info around betwixt theyselves ??

I'd personally like to collect the names of EA users -- if you would
send them to me  ......

Tom Cloud