Base Freq. for water injection

John Dammeyer johnd at islandnet.com
Wed Nov 26 08:07:31 GMT 1997

At 01:08 PM 26/11/1997 +1300, you wrote:
>Hi Clare and all
>
>Clare wrote:
>> What's wrong with using engine rpm to trigger, and just vary the on
>> time?
>
>Like I said it's simple.
>I'm planing on using it with a knock sensor. The knock sensor unit I want
to use has 3
>leds showing the amount of knock, I'll set it up so that the water injector
turns on when
>the second led comes on hopefully stopping detonation.
>
>Has anyone ever done/thought of using a knock sensor to control boost ?
>ie keep the boost rising untill it knocks then bring it back a bit.....this
would take into
>account air temp, altitude etc and give you max boost for the conditions.......

It's what my SAAB Turbo does according to the user manual.  Real life
experience shows that the grade of gasoline does indeed affect both power
and knock.  ie: Knock happens sooner under har accel. with lower octane
gasoline and the car is also not as zippy.  I imagine the waste gate opens
sooner too but the boost gauge isn't precise enough to tell the difference.

John

Automation Artisans Inc. is a company founded to provide unique, advanced
technology software and hardware solutions to the manufacturing industry so
that our customers can produce customized products at mass production costs.

Automation Artisans Inc.,   PO Box 20002 Sidney, BC CANADA V8L 5C9
Ph. 1-250-544-4950  Fax 1-250-544-4954