4-cyl HEI in GM Autos?

Garfield garfield at pilgrimhouse.com
Thu Nov 27 01:43:12 GMT 1997

On Wed, 26 Nov 1997 08:06:44 -1000, Shannen Durphey <shannen at mcn.net>
wrote:

>1983 Pontiac Phoenix, 2.5l, efi
>1982 Chev Cavalier, 1,8l, efi
>1982 Pontiac Sunbird, 1.8l OHC, efi
>
>All three engine families are different.
>Later year distributors from same family will work.
>However, module advance is all or none around 2000 RPM, around 20 deg,

Actually, even THAT might do in the application I've in mind, but is
that 20 deg of ADDITIONAL advance or 20 total, with say 8deg static? Do
you remember? Thanks for the leads above, BTW. What I'm really hoping to
find is a 4-cyl module that DOES have a simple advance ramp internal,
but if that's unobtainium, a fixed amount, well above idle might do in a
pinch. Thanks again. Anybody else?

Garfield