Base Freq. for water injection

Frederic Breitwieser frederic.breitwieser at mcione.com
Thu Nov 27 02:17:43 GMT 1997

>> I'm playing with water injection at the moment very basic setup Boost
>> switch activating a 555 circuit driving a fuel injector.
>> Q. What freq should I run the injector at ?
>> I'm tuning it by changing the duty cycle

If you have one water injector per cylinder, then have it fire off the
signal from the existing fuel injector, with a much smaller duty cycle,
which is determined by RPM or some other charactoristic.

If you do not, you can tap each injector's pulse lead, sum the inputs, and
use that to trigger the 555 timer to fire the water injector in the
throttle body.

Frederic Breitwieser
Homebrew Automotive Mailing List
Bridgeport, CT 06606