TBI

bruce plecan nacelp at bright.net
Sun Nov 30 04:04:04 GMT 1997

How many HP can a stock chevy 35 TBI unit handle?.
  The largest injectors used in a 350 CID SBC that I know of are the
Cop Car ones, at 65#/hr, at .5 BMFC that would be 260, plus a possible
10%, for a total of 286 HP.  But, by using a BBC TBI you avail yourself
to 90#/Hr injectors, or 396 HP.  Mind you these are theory and there can
be a large gap between theory, and what the ET's reflect.
  The TBI's (at least in my experience) won't make the HP up on top like
some other sytems, but you can land small aircraft on the torque curve
(long, and flat).  Which is what I like in a street car.
  Tuning is where it all lies, IMHO, I'm using the 90's at a rather low
pressure, and have had good luck with them.  I'd say that I'm makin a
good 320 HP, but the fun for me is in cornering, and driveability.
  Bruce    nacelp at bright.net