Plenum Area

bruce plecan nacelp at bright.net
Sun Nov 30 05:03:26 GMT 1997

I have read about all kinds of intakes, using spacer, dividers, etc..
The following is what has repeatably worked for me, on V-8s, and on
some hipo V-6.  The plenum volume should approach 50% of the displacement
as HP levels exceed .75 HP per cubic inch, the upper limit being 75%
displacement at levels over 1 HP/ci..  So for a 350 CID engine that
your going to want 300HP from, I'd start with a plenum are of about
175 cubic inches.  A classic example of this is the Accel Super Ram,
as compared to a OEM GM TPI, for a SBC.
   Bruce     nacelp at bright.net