Jag V12 ECU Mods

DOROTHY I. STREICH DStreich at compuserve.com
Fri Oct 3 03:48:27 GMT 1997

-->The first thought that comes to mind is that the Jag V12 weighs within=

10 =

lbs of a 455 Old engine.  The Olds has more power, more torque, is less =

maintenance-intensive, and WAY cheaper to buy bits and pieces for.  For =

instance, last time I looked, a distributor cap for the 5.3 litre V12 ran=
 =

$75, which is 'bout $60 more than Pep Boys get for the Olds part....  =

Many of the Jag engines in California are afflicted with Lucas FI, which =

is, of course, illegal to remove, unless you remove the V12 along with =

it...<--

Brian

When are those #'s from.  If they are pre-'73 they are gross HP numbers,
after '72 are net HP #'s...BIG (yellin real loud!!!)...as I was sayin, BI=
DIFFERENCE.
10 to 1 that jag motor has more power and freer reving, and in CA you can=
use the 455 legally anyway

                                                Karl Streich
                                                Just my $0.02

                I know I should have an insporational phrase here, =

                but dernit, I forgot...