Big Turbos for Sale

MaxBoost at aol.com MaxBoost at aol.com
Fri Oct 3 04:20:12 GMT 1997

>I found a guy who has three turbos from Toyota's IMSA
>days.  These are very large KKK units, that are new.
>They were used in a 4 liter application with about
>800 HP (if memory serves correctly).  I can get three
>of them, and they will go for $600.00  They don't seem
>to have the ussual designations, like K-27 or K-29, but
>they have a cold side scroll diameter of 8.5 inches and
>a cold side inlet of 3.0 inches.  They are BIG!

The Toyota GTP cars ran Toyota CT44,R or ST turbos for the entire program,
only porsche used kkk.  I think that they experimented with some Garrett
units but generally stuck to the Toyota units.  Also the 4 cylinder engine
they ran in GTP was 2.1 liters and produced 950 horse before they were
required to run a 54 mm restrictor.  In Group C they had a 3.5 liter V8 with
twin turbos of a similar design.  The compressor inlet ID is 2.955" and the
turbine outlet ID is 2.789".  They are watercooled, plain bearing and no
ceramics. They weigh a whopping 33 lbs!  As you may have guessed, I have seen
these units first hand, for the price they are reasonable, but may be a bit
laggy on a small engine for the street.