Jag V12 ECU Mods

Frederic Breitwieser frederic.breitwieser at mcione.com
Fri Oct 3 14:59:19 GMT 1997

>For a single ecu system, I would use two throttle bodies if there is a TPS
>or MAFF, only connect one. Connect the trigger for another set of drivers
>(possibly pirated from a second ECU) to the injector wiring to double the
>fuel output.

The only thing I'd be concerned about is making sure that each side of the
engine (or each set of six cylinders) would receive the same amount of
fuel, being that the calculations and maps would be running seperate for
each set of six.  Though I am just tossing this into the wind, not based on
experience or fact or anything like that.

>full-blown air flow sensing version. The speed density system was used on
>many 2.8 litre GM V6 engines - speed density prom was a retrofit on many J?
>SERIES (LIKE THE PONTIAC 6000) to get around a MAFF sensor problem. I would
>go that route to start, MAFF could be added later by changing the calpack.

The ECM I would recommend is the one for the late 80's Grand National, or
coincidentally, the 3.8L FWD Regals, LeSabres, and Park Avenues.  The ECMs
are the same... I've just started digging into the ECM, and because of the
GN aftermarket, there are TONS of aftermarket chips, injectors, PROM
reprogramming software, and the GN list is a super, super resources for a
lot of this stuff.  I even manged to shove a GN fillet crank into my FWD
block, based on the information I recieved from that list.

Frederic Breitwieser
Homebrew Automotive Mailing List
Bridgeport, CT 06606
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/4605/index.html
1989 AG Hummer 4-Door
1993 Supercharged Lincoln Continental
2000 Mid-Engine Sports Car <smile>

Seeking info on: Audi 5k Locking Diffs, Audi 5k trans bolt pattern, and
17x11" rims.

---