Jag V12 ECU Mods

Frederic Breitwieser frederic.breitwieser at mcione.com
Fri Oct 3 14:59:19 GMT 1997

>A more brute force approach.  Can 1 MAP and TPS feed two ECUs?  I would
>prefer one ECU if possible.  (Less to buy.)  :)   What years Pontiac 6000s
>would make a good donor?  Do I need all the GM sensors, TPS, MAP, harness?
>(I guess so, actually.)

The ECU inputs for the MAP/MAF/Crank sensor are quite high in impedence,
and in theory, can be paralleled to another ECU without problems, as long
as one ECU provides the reference voltage to the sensor, rather than in
parallel (regulated power supplies don't always like to be in parallel,
unlike batteries).

You would need all the GM sensors and harness, and I think, if two
cylinders fire at a time, my previous mention of getting the GN ECM for the
Buick 3.8L engine would be the most flexible system, because the ECM is
heavily supported in aftermarket, as well as plenty of avail info on
injector size, boost, etc, etc, etc.

Coincidentally, the ECM in the Grand National (GN) is also used in the
86-89 FWD Buicks with the same engine, which includes the Regal, LeSabre,
Park Avenue, the Pontiac Bonneville, etc.

Frederic Breitwieser
Homebrew Automotive Mailing List
Bridgeport, CT 06606
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/4605/index.html
1989 AG Hummer 4-Door
1993 Supercharged Lincoln Continental
2000 Mid-Engine Sports Car <smile>

Seeking info on: Audi 5k Locking Diffs, Audi 5k trans bolt pattern, and
17x11" rims.

---