Jag V12 ECU Mods (Not EFI)

Mark Romans romans at pacbell.net
Sat Oct 4 05:33:16 GMT 1997

The v-12  is a pretty engine.  It weighs a ton, even though it is all
aluminum.  It leaks oil. (At least mine did).  It is 327 cu in
displacement.  It puts out about 200 net horsepower.
I pulled mine out (1974 carburated) and installed a 406 small block
chev. 91 corvette SRTA (700R4).  With 3.31 posi and 3.06 first gear the
car is a rocket.  2500 rpms = 80 mph in OD.  20+ mph on the highway.
Parts are readily available.  I cut about 450 lbs from the front of the
car.  It doesn't leak oil.  It will go 150mph+?  Othere than that I
ruined the car :-).   PS my wife loves it.  I put a small red chev bow
tie on the back.  She says that's equivalent to someone saying , Gee
that's a georgeous ring,  me replying, why thankyou,  it's a cubic
zirconia!!!   Call John's Cars in Dallas TX for the kit.  I've done
two.   Buy the Jaguars that run book  (JTR)  for how to do TPI in the
Jag and enjoy driving your beutiful car without hassle.   Just my 2c
worth.   Mark.