Throttle bodies/parts

Clare Snyder clsnyde at ibm.net
Mon Oct 6 12:38:38 GMT 1997

>do not use the patio furniture for the cooling tube to soft and will
>break under vibratrrion fatique use 6061
>
>Steve
>--
>
>                   ----|------||------|----
>                     --|------[]------|--
>                            0/  \0
>

>www.flash.net/~swagaero

Only using about 3 inches of the stuff on each side, and this is not your
standard patio furniture, but the heavy duty self supporting stuff - you
know, the $300/chair Hauser stuff with no loops - down the back, forward for
the seat, down the leg, back, across, and repeat for the other side -
supports 300 pounders with ease for several years without cracking? Would
not be surprised from the way it drills and taps that it is 6061. The round
ends are over 1/4" thick, and it is definitely stronger than the average AL
casting. Almost a perfect match for the coolant passage in the EA81
head/manifold in cross-section.

I do appreciate your concern,  as many guys might try to flatten a peice of
a standard $5 chair tube and try to use it!!!

If anyone needs some, I can likely arrange supply at a reasonable cost.
I can put a picture in the drop-box if anyone thinks they may be interested.