idea..

Clare Snyder clsnyde at ibm.net
Tue Oct 7 02:55:16 GMT 1997

>someone mentioned trying to locate fuel flow meter to use for a mileage
>calculator.  Why not have the ecu record the combined pulse width over a
>period of distance, based on the assumption that fuel pressure remains
>fairly constant, a certain distance traveled divided by the time the
>injectors are open == MPG. All is needed is a pulse input from oneor more
>of the wheels,  each pulse = a certain distance ,and the frequency is the
>speed.  The functions necessary to do the computation should be fairly
>easy to develop,  anyone wanna try it ??
>
>Dave J. Andruczyk

It's been done.I,ve got the pulse generator sitting on the kitchen table
right now - it fit in the speedo cable, at the trans gear end. The carb unit
used the flow sensor I just shipped to garfield - the EFI unit used a "black
box" that connected to the fuel injector wires.
The "computers" got stolen out of my two Toyotas one New Years Eve quite a
number of years back. The name was CompuCruise, and they worked well.