seeking fuel pressure sender

Clare Snyder clsnyde at ibm.net
Tue Oct 7 02:58:49 GMT 1997

>Frederic Breitwieser wrote:
>>
>> >sensors and such, lists several for "fuel." I tried to get a copy
>> >thinking it would be useful...they wouldn't part with it.
>> >(for example, I found the perfect Ford OEM temp. switch to control my
>> >oil
>> >cooler's electric fan...screwed in w/o any mods)
>>
>> Actually Steve, a fuel pressure sender or switch is useful if you dare to
>> run NO2, as you don't want nitrious blowing holes in your pistons if
>> there's not enough fuel.  I've done this before and it works very well.
>>
>> Frederic Breitwieser
>> Homebrew Automotive Mailing List
>> Bridgeport, CT 06606
>> http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/4605/index.html
>> 1989 AG Hummer 4-Door
>> 1993 Supercharged Lincoln Continental
>> 2000 Mid-Engine Sports Car <smile>
>>
>> Seeking info on: Audi 5k Locking Diffs, Audi 5k trans bolt pattern, and
>> 17x11" rims.
>>
>> ---
>Fredrick "Mr. Nitro"
>Hi Fred,
>No, actually I had a more ho-hum application in mind...just want to
>see my fuel pressure. Stock engine...would like to put a T fitting
>somewhere and add the sender. Maybe wire it to a dig readout. I have
>seen the Summitt set-up with the diaphram thing to isolate the fuel.
>Don't like it. All I want is a little sender. Mitchell makes one
>for aircraft application that looks exactly like an automotive
>oil pressure sender (1/8 NPT fitting, p/n PS-211-9000) Would prefer
>to find the automotive version for 1/4 or less the price. Still
>looking...  Steve

What fuel pressure are you running? Engine oil pressure senders are usually
good for about 40 PSI mid-scale - not too accurate down at 14, or worse yet,
3-4 psi. No reason not to use one if the pressure range is right - just
don't use one from a Toyota - we called them oil "pisser" sensors for good
reason!!