Legal Swap

Jennifer Rose javer96 at snowcrest.net
Wed Oct 8 02:09:37 GMT 1997

Hi Van

	Read the posts on CA engine swapping, don't despair. The smog referee will
look over your install and do a sniff test. Will fill out a work sheet on
what's right and wrong. send ya home to make corrections. The ref is mainly
concerned with all the smog equip being in place and functional!! In some
cases, if your chassis is not certified for cats - they won't make you
install them. Find put how large of a cam will still pass emissions test.
The machine shop here recommended the cam for my pu. Several after market
parts have EO numbers - that means manufacturer passed the CARB standards
for that part. Be CAREFUL what you tell ref, for instance in my case forgot
to mention eng had been modified to a 383 cu in. Told them it was a 74 350
with a 86 Camaro tpi and smog equip minus cats. My install passed on second
try - ref was very straight forward with his inspection. He mention two
local shops had trouble doing correct tpi swaps, just no smog equip. If ya
have questions - stop by a ref station or e-mail me direct.

Vance