DIY_EFI Digest V2 #355

talltom at espace.dcl.com talltom at espace.dcl.com
Thu Oct 9 10:32:37 GMT 1997

D=jet hell.....

Having been through some pretty thorough wrangling with these I'd
like to point out that if there's play in the distributor bushings,
or a worn seal it will raise hell with everything. On mine a leaking
weal on an older(high miles) setup will coat the points with oil and
the low voltage/current isn't enough to negotiate the points with
oil and corrosion in the way. D-jets DO fail in the brain, not often,
but it happens. Mine's symptoms were an intermitent miss sporadically
for about a year. Eventually it got bad enough to do it regularly for me
and I figured it out. Only after going thorugh what you have and more however...