seeking fuel pressure sender

Tom Cloud cloud at peaches.ph.utexas.edu
Thu Oct 9 12:49:46 GMT 1997

>Just for the hell of it I went to AutoZone and spent $12 buck for an
>oil pressure sending unit and installed it on the schrader valve
>location where I have my gauge mounted.  The NPT fitting was the
>exact size needed.
>
>I put an OHM meter on it and it hovered around 148-150ohms at idle
>and went up to 157-158 while revving the engine.  At idle with vacuum
>my fp is @ 34psi and 41psi without.
>
>My question is, could I connect and electric oil pressure gauge and
>scale it to display properly or are there any electric fuel pressure
>gauges available?

Mike .... (legal maneuver to avoid responsibility)  DON'T do that!!

but ... if you do  8^) .... the main concern I'd have is where
it's located in case it springs a leak .... I don't think there's much
place for it to leak from, though if it's the 1-1/2" or so around,
the 35 psi or so could stress (shouldn't -- it's made for oil pressures
higher than that).  As far as the gage -- the only problem with the
oil gage is it says "Oil" instead of "Fuel"   ;-)

Tom Cloud

   Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn!
                       8^)