Legal engine swaps?

George M. Dailey gmd at tecinfo.com
Thu Oct 9 22:22:23 GMT 1997

Wait a minute. I think you are missing the whole point of smog controls.
It's not to reduce emissions, it's to create jobs from the resulting
beuracracy. If the true aim was to really reduce emissions, they would
simply require you to meet (or exceed) the emissions standards of your year
and model and ENCOURAGE any device you can come up with meet that goal. It's
kinda like power plant continious emission monitoring (CEM, does nothing to
reduce emissions but created a new Wallstreet job of pollution credit traiding.

GMD

At 11:56 PM 10/7/97 -0400, you wrote:

>....I am for clean air and clean cars, but so few are 25
>years and older that the 20 or 25 years and beyond aged cars should be
>exemt and any car that had a carbureator should be able to be switched to
>fuel injection and exemted from smog because the over lean and rich engines
>that do most poluting are usually carbureated, and fuel injection is much
>more reliable in that department,...
>
>                                        Karl Streich
>                                        My $0.02 worth
>
>                                        plus $10.00 worth :>