Anyone know anything about "OBD II"?

avos at cochlear.com.au avos at cochlear.com.au
Thu Oct 9 23:17:50 GMT 1997

     I know a few things about OBD II, but am after more information. I
     know that it is an attempt to standardise diagnostic equipment for
     ECUs. I think that the method of doing this is to have a standard
     communications protocol that can be used to communicate with any OBD
     II compliant ECU. If anyone can point me in the direction of where I
     can find information about OBD II it would be appreciated. I am
     particularly after the communications protocol, as I would like to
     write some software that allows me to read parameters from the ECU
     like sensor values and I would also like to be able to read the
     standard ECU maps.

     Any information would be appreciated, especially WWW sites that have
     information.

     Thanks in advance,

     Adrian Vos
     avos at cochlear.com.au