Wastegate mod.....

Robert Schaefer rschaefe at freenet.columbus.oh.us
Thu Oct 9 23:23:54 GMT 1997

On Thu, 9 Oct 1997 avos at cochlear.com.au wrote:

>      Sounds good. I am curious how much before full boost you would need to
>      open the solenoid. Personally, I am building a boost controller that
>      implements a PID algorithm to allow the control parameters to be
>      optimised for a particular turbo response. The idea is similar to
>      yours, but instead of using comparators (opamps) it uses a
>      microcontroller to calculate the optimum duty cycle to send to the
>      solenoid. Please let me know how this system you have planned goes if
>      you decide to do it.....

<deletia>

Here's something I've been interested in--  How many people've built their
own black box?  With the plethora of silicon horsepower that can be found
nowadays, I'd imagine that a whole lotta fun can be had with a
roll-yer-own ECU.  Course, one've my 'projects' (Which may or may not
ever be started/completed, depending) is to be able t' surf the net and
read my 'mail from my car, so I may be biased.  ^_^

ja

Bob

"If they don't want subs, let 'em watch duhbs!"