Anyone know anything about "OBD II"?

Charles Fulton cf352197 at oak.cats.ohiou.edu
Fri Oct 10 00:45:32 GMT 1997

--------------0561FE61D8E182AEF7986910

avos at cochlear.com.au wrote:

>      I know a few things about OBD II, but am after more information. I
>      know that it is an attempt to standardise diagnostic equipment for
>      ECUs. I think that the method of doing this is to have a standard
>      communications protocol that can be used to communicate with any OBD
>      II compliant ECU. If anyone can point me in the direction of where I
>      can find information about OBD II it would be appreciated. I am
>      particularly after the communications protocol, as I would like to
>      write some software that allows me to read parameters from the ECU
>      like sensor values and I would also like to be able to read the
>      standard ECU maps.
>
>      Any information would be appreciated, especially WWW sites that have
>      information.
>
>      Thanks in advance,
>
>      Adrian Vos
>      avos at cochlear.com.au

This is a page that contains some automotive related links.  Including a
section about OBD II.  I don't know where all of them go or how useful they
are but it's at least a start.http://www.otctools.com/auto_links.html

Charlie

--------------0561FE61D8E182AEF7986910

<HTML>
&nbsp;

<P>avos at cochlear.com.au wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I know a few things about
OBD II, but am after more information. I
<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; know that it is an attempt to standardise
diagnostic equipment for
<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; ECUs. I think that the method of doing this
is to have a standard
<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; communications protocol that can be used to
communicate with any OBD
<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; II compliant ECU. If anyone can point me in
the direction of where I
<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; can find information about OBD II it would
be appreciated. I am
<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; particularly after the communications protocol,
as I would like to
<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; write some software that allows me to read
parameters from the ECU
<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; like sensor values and I would also like to
be able to read the
<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; standard ECU maps.

<P>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Any information would be appreciated, especially
WWW sites that have
<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; information.

<P>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Thanks in advance,

<P>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Adrian Vos
<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; avos at cochlear.com.au</BLOCKQUOTE>
This is a page that contains some automotive related links.&nbsp; Including
a section about OBD II.&nbsp; I don't know where all of them go or how
useful they are but it's at least a start.<A HREF="http://www.otctools.com/auto_links.html">http://www.otctools.com/auto_links.html</A><A HREF="http://www.otctools.com/auto_links.html"></A>

<P>Charlie</HTML>