intro + Z28 twin turbo project

Andris Skulte askulte at emerald.tufts.edu
Fri Oct 10 16:08:29 GMT 1997

Hey everyone,
 I figured I'd just introduce myself. I'm a mechanical engineering
student at Tufts University and working on on twin turbo for my 89 IROC
as a design project (might as well do something practical ;) I'm trying
to do this as cheaply as possible, since I'm not funded. (I know...
don't skimp on your engine...) Right now the little 305 TPI is putting
out 320 hp with mostly bolt ons. Initially I'll limit the intercooled
boost to 6 psi since I don't think the stock lower end can take more
than 450 hp anyways. I assume I'll need larger injectors and a bigger
fuel pump too. This might force me to abandon my stock MAF system and go
with a DFI unit. You can follow the project at
http://www.eecs.tufts.edu/ttt/ttt.html

I've been reading the archives, and it's very comprehensive. I also
autox, so if anyone has racing questions, feel free to email me. I'll
probably lurk for a while till I get the feel for the DIY_EFI list, and
ask questions as they come along. I am also on the FSAE, 3 f-body lists,
and Team.net. Later everyone!
--
********************Skulte Performance Designs********************
Andris Skulte   askulte at tufts.edu   http://www.tufts.edu/~askulte

Leave late, drive faster, still get there first. ;)