Spark lines from o'scope

neil.poersch at mts.mb.ca neil.poersch at mts.mb.ca
Fri Oct 10 16:10:39 GMT 1997

>A bit of help from you all out there.  I attached my inductive pickup from
my
>timing light to the coil wire and hooked it up to a port on the o'scope
>(Chan. A).  Got the nice spark lines and coil ocsilations like I should,
but
>as RPM changed, so did the grouping of spark pulses.

This is a great idea.

My timing light pickup has a molded 5 pin DIN connector.  I assume two pins
are for the coil. Is it possible that there is a active circuit also in
there requiring power or whatever on the remaining pins?

Can anyone recommend a manual or book showing sample scope traces of spark
pulses etc for reference?

Neil