selection of TBI components for 383 Chevy

sfg sfgent at ac.net
Sun Oct 12 16:52:18 GMT 1997

Curtis L. Martin wrote:

> > > Well, if ya want to go OEM GM, I've got a stock TBI manifold and
> Rochester
> > > Throttle body I'd love to be rid of.. ('88 VIN "K" 350 from a 1500
> pickup
> > > truck)
> > >
> > > Curt Martin (cmartin at america.com)
>
> > Curt....I'd be more interested in what you replaced it with, and if
> > its really any better. Steve
>
> Steve, these were leftovers.. I needed a 350 long block in a hurry, so I
> bought a junkyard 350 TBI, swapped my TPI gear onto it and installed it in
> a '87 Camaro.  (I got caught short.. the '79 350 block I had been using
> started burning oil real bad, and the 420 SBC replacement is still under
> construction, so this truck motor is the stop-gap to keep the car running
> while the 420 is being finished.)
>
> Curt
Curt, I'm interested in your 420 project and in particular what you
plan for the fuel injection system (and the engine internals).
Please email me directly if your comments are not related to
this forum. I am still seeking this groups input to help me select
appropriate TBI components for a high torque 383 truck engine.
Thanks for your input.  Steve