GM Controller Concerns

Greg Pruett grpruett at vt.edu
Sun Oct 12 16:52:35 GMT 1997

I was hoping someone could help me decide which ECM I should use to run
port injection on my `72 Oldsmobile 350.    A few months ago someone on
the list advised me to use an ECM from `90-`92 camaro.  I was wondering
what the advantage is to using the `90 and later ECMS.  I'd kinda like
to use a pre-90 ECM since they seem easier to come by.  I was also
wondering if there's any way to use a MAP sensor on the `89 and older
ECMs, since they're less expensive than MAF, and easier to fit.  The
Olds camshaft isn't too terribly wild,(.456in. lift; 248deg. duration at
.050 lift;110deg. lobe seperation.) does anyone think it's gonna cause
problems with a MAP senosor?

Any Info is appreciated.

Greg Pruett
`72 Vista Cruiser