Diacom cable for GM

sfg sfgent at ac.net
Mon Oct 13 14:13:36 GMT 1997

I purchased the Diacom diagnostic interface (GM) kit back in '92. It
runs under DOS and has been worth the $200 or so I spent on it.
The supplied cable, which connects your RS232 to the ECU (ALDL) has a
red wire for 12VDC input. Recently I discovered the system works with,
or without the 12VDC connected. I had always assumed there were active
components molded into one of the connectors; now I am wondering if its
really just a hunk of wire, with connectors on each end. Anyone know?
Steve