GM TBI Injectors

Joe Boucher BoucherJC at cliffy.lmtas.lmco.com
Mon Oct 13 14:07:46 GMT 1997

Ed wrote:

> Hello All,
>
>         I'm new to the list and I just finished searching the archives on
> any info on GM TBI injectors and couldn't find what I'm looking for.  I have
> a 92 S-10 4.3l TBI and am trying to find out if there is a cross reference
> that would tell me the flow rate of the injectors via looking up the part
> number.
>
>         Is adjusting the flow rate on the injectors as simple as drilling
> the three small welds on the allen screw and turning the screw to the
> desired flow?  I noticed that the screw height varies with different
> displacement engines.  I made my fuel pressure regulator adjustable by
> drilling the weld out and am pleased with that mod.  Thanks.
>
>                                                         Ed

I've always assumed that the difference in the different injectors was
something internal that couldn't be adjusted.  If this is true, you have
stumbled on a great find.  With the proper setup, you could adjust each
injector within a few percent of each other.  But being the pessimist, I
can't believe it's that simple.

Joe Boucher
'70 RS/SS Camaro  '81 TBI Suburban