Twin Turbo Update... (10/13)

Paul Raley raleyp at UDel.Edu
Tue Oct 14 12:48:14 GMT 1997

>   The easiest way to build the headers will be to use Weldels. These are
> pre bent pipe pieces that you weld together to make something :)
> Callaway used it for their twin turbo vette, but they are damned heavy!
> The other option is using T-304 SS tubing, but then I have to mandrel
> bend everything.

Is T-304 SS a light weight stainless steel tubing?  I used tubing found at
the electrical contractors warehouse.  It seems to be slightly lighter then
exhaust pipe, cost about $9 for a 18" 90degree bend, the matching pipe is
really cheap.  It is lite weight so I had trouble welding (I'm not that good
yet) it up.
My preference would to have an aluminum piping to move the hot gases, but
don't know where to find it.  Does anyone know where I can buy aluminum
piping?  My 300ZX is using 2 1/8" piping, but my next project will be using
a larger diameter pipe (the intercooler is going to be huge!).

Paul