(more questions)Re: GM Controller Concerns

Greg Pruett grpruett at vt.edu
Tue Oct 14 23:43:58 GMT 1997

First off I'd like to say thanks to all thoes who replied.  I really
appreciate it.

I was wondering if anyone could help me with a couple of more questions.

peter paul fenske wrote:
> Id still say stick with the #730.. To find it look under the
> dash of most V6 J cars.. If you find it in a 90-92
> camaro they charge more.

Just wanted to make sure, the 1990-92 J cars were cavalier and sunbird,
right?

> Get the 90-92 5.7 iroc cal from a dealer..
> And the bit to disabled vats is floating around or
> build the 555 oscillator.. Maybe even use it as a theft device..

Is there schematics or instructions for where to wire the oscillator
somewhere on the web?  I've read some of the archives and from what I
can see if I don't use the oscillator I'll have to have the vats
disabled through the prom.  Is that right?

> You need close to 18 inches of vacum to work properly
> as we have found out..Your mega olds should be giving you that..

Stepped out and measured vacuum just a minuit ago.  I get 16 or so
inches of vacuum at idle.  Think that's cutting it too close for a map
sensor?

> Stick with a gm throttle body either the tpi one or a stripped
> tbi and all will be fine
>
> cya:peter

Thanks peter.

Greg Pruett