(more questions)Re: GM Controller Concerns

Paul Tholey pft101 at psu.edu
Wed Oct 15 01:27:52 GMT 1997

Greg,

        The 730 box is in a lot of J cars, not just 90-92.  I know they go
back as far as 87, but I have hear some say 85.

>> Id still say stick with the #730.. To find it look under the
>> dash of most V6 J cars.. If you find it in a 90-92
>> camaro they charge more.
>
>Just wanted to make sure, the 1990-92 J cars were cavalier and sunbird,
>right?

Yes

>> Get the 90-92 5.7 iroc cal from a dealer..
>> And the bit to disabled vats is floating around or
>> build the 555 oscillator.. Maybe even use it as a theft device..

The eprom lists for about $45

That is about all I can help you with.  The more technical responses should
be coming soon.

Paul Tholey
pft101 at psu.edu

P.S.  I will post the number for the yard around State Collage PA as soon as
I get it.