Twin Turbo Update... (10/13)

Tom Cloud cloud at peaches.ph.utexas.edu
Wed Oct 15 12:54:47 GMT 1997

>A70Duster at aol.com wrote:
>>
>> Aluminum melts at about 1200 degrees F.  Exhaust can get to 1700 degrees F.
>>  This would be FUN to watch.....

>exhaust on efi controled engies are at 1490 degrees F above that expect
>engine stoppage at any time.

how can you say that ?? .... I know from personal experience that the
exhaust temp is dependent, among other things, on cam overlap, fuel
mixture and -- most impotent -- timing.  Ask me, a little retarded
and your headers can turn cherry red (at the collectors) and
bubble the nice jet-hot ceramic coating you paid all those bucks
for !!

Tom Cloud

     Madness takes its toll   .....   please have exact change