adding an injector

Paul Raley raleyp at UDel.Edu
Wed Oct 15 14:25:34 GMT 1997

I'm planning on adding an additional injector to the intake manifold of
my nissan Z, but not too sure how effective it will be in distributing
to each cylinder.
 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
x   O  O  O  O  O  O     x
 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx   x
                                x    x
                      xxxxxx     x
                     T             x
                     xxxxxxxBx
well, I"m not much of an artist, maybe someday I can do better artwork
but this is the basic layout of my intake.  The top 'O's represent the
runner for each of the six cylinders, while the 'T' is the throttle
body.  The 'B' in the lower right corner is a vacuum port for the brake
mastercylinder.  I'm thinking of moving this connection and placing the
injector in its place.  This will require only minimal machining and
drilling and tapping of one hole to mount the injector.  Its almost a
drop in solution.  The 'line of fire' would carry the fuel straight back
the pathway, and not firing into a wall.  Can anyone tell me how
effectively this will distribute itself?  I'm worried about the front
two cylinders (far left) being too lean.  The best solution would be to
reprogram the ECU and throw in larger injectors but I'm nowhere near
that point yet.

Thanks   Paul R

ps  sorry about the misunderstanding of the header question, but I am
interested in finding someone who sells aluminum tubing (mandrel bends)
so that I can redo my intercooler piping.